Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Colorado (part one)



Cycling through eastern Colorado was like cycling through an old western movie. The area has suffered from a drought for a long time now and the landscape is extremely arid with dried out creeks and canals. This lack of arrogation has forced farmers from the area; turning what were once booming towns into ghost towns.


I really enjoyed cycling through the wide open plains, it gave me time to clear out my head but with enough traffic to keep my awake. A few miles out east of Sugar City I could see the tops of The Rockies. Suddenly a new goal was right in front of me and I was filled with joy and a sense of accomplishment.











View Colorado (part one) in a larger map

3 comments:

  1. Well hello Keith's friend! What is your ETA for Denver? And I have heard of the drought going on elsewhere in Colorado. Some places I hear are having dust storms that have caused massive damage. You'll have to let me know when you're in town - maybe we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mm,
      I'm actually bypassing Denver and cycling through the valleys. It's amazing here. I plan to slip over to Fort Collins once I get up to Walden, I hear there is little fear of a drought up there.

      Delete
  2. Aw. That's too bad - beautiful city you know. Well, Fort Collins is a fun town - make sure to enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete